Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holy Holidays! Batman!!

Are you into the holiday spirit??? I know I am! The boys are too, and even the big boy is being a little merry. We have been having a blast decorating, cooking, eating and being merry!

Our Thanksgving was lovely and quiet. Personally, I love having dinner...well at, dinnertime for Thanksgiving. I am not into prepping all morning and eating at 12 noon or 2 pm. It's just not my thing. I love having the table all set with candle light and music. It's what my soul craves. The inlaws came for dinner, even the brother in law and cousins popped in for a bite to eat and merriement. It was nice and sweet.

As some of you already know I am a Thanksgiving baby. I was actually born on Thanksgiving Day at 3 pm in the afternoon. The story goes that the whole family had to wait to eat dinner until I arrived. I weighed in at a whopping 8lbs (almost as big as a small turkey!) my family likes to joke that I was the Thanksgiving meal that year of 1969! Every year my birthday comes on this family holiday and it's usually overshadowed by Thanksgiving. However, this year I must say was the best birthday ever. There was no pressure for a big party (like last year), there were no expectations. Lesson learned!! When there are no expections things can only be turn great! My dear friend Selena invited our family over for a birthday dinner along with another dear family of friends, the Rightmyer family. It was really a fun, festive time. I am grateful to be alive, to be healthy and happy. Jett asked me several times what I wished for, for my birthday and you know after 41 years of living this life all I wish for is peace, health and happiness. That is all I want, that is my wish and I feel as though that wish has come true for this moment in time. 

Now we are onto Christmas! We already have a packed schedule with a Christmas party tomorrow night, San Francisco on Saturday. My mother in law got Jettson and cousin Kayla tickets to go see "A Christmas Carol." Exciting events going on around here. Not to mention it's been cold as well, which has added to the Spirit of the Season.

Here are some random pics of our Holiday Weekend:

um...lately, this is how this little rascal has been greeting me in the mornings! I can't get him to keep his pants up! Stinker!

My little Indians. We have been watching Peter Pan a lot--they love the indian scene.


Happy Holidays!!
 

No comments: