Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Francisco! That's fun to say! Francisco... Frannncisco... Franciscooo...

December has been fast paced! I bet for you too. The month got off to a quick start with Christmas celebrations starting right off the bat. We had a Christmas party on December 4th! The boys were invited too, it was a school night, so the boys and I had to cut it short. It was fun seeing the boys get so excited for the festivities to begin. I like to consider Thanksgiving to New Year's a Season--a season of parties and fun. For me it's not just Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day or New Year's Eve or Day...it's all the fun that leads up to those moments that I love the most. I love the "getting ready" part, every bit as much as the actual event we are getting ready for. I really want my boys to enjoy all the moments that lead up to the big the moment, otherwise what's it all for?

December also kicked off with my dearest cousin and friend, Kim G. having a pretty good scare...(I know she won't mind me writing this...) she had a pretty good size cyst on her ovry. The doctor said the "C" word and we all had a moment of a little (ok--well a lot) of concern & perhaps a panic attack or two. Thankfully!!! Christmas came early for her, her family (and me too, because I can't stand the idea of anyone I love or anyone for that matter having to deal with something like cancer!) the cyst and ovry were removed--clean bill of health, no cancer! The whole moment taught me that life is way too short and we are all just ticking time bombs. It seems like at times life is long and sometimes very, very hard...then something like this happens and you realize that life is short, fragile, precious and very, very, sweet. We had a happy ending and Kim is doing great and feeling so much better! She was able to come see me just a week after her surgery and have a night out celebrating Christmas Cheer!

My dear mother in law took Jettson, Cousin Kayla and I to San Francisco to see "A Christmas Carol" at the American Conservatory Theater. It was an adventure to say the least! I try to get to San Francisco for Christmas---but sadly, we have not been for the past two Christmas'--just not enough time---and hubs flys every Saturday in December until Christmas, which means I'm usually left to do Christmas stuff with the boys alone. The City by myself intimidates me. This year I really wanted to take Jett to the city thankfully, MoMo made it happen. We both forgot what the traffic and parking can be like! We thought we had left in plenty of time to have dinner at Max's Opera Cafe, however, the traffic was a mess--once we got to the city we could not find parking for under $50...so we drove all around the theater district until we finally found a flat fee parking garage for $13! Jettson loved the city!!! He said his favorite part were the street singers, dancers and musicians. He told me the next morning that he was changing his current desired occupation of Lifeguard when he grows up to a street singer/dancer/musician---oye! We had a fun time and I know Kayla and Jettson had a great time. San Francisco is so beautiful during the holidays. The hustle and bustle made it feel like Christmas. If you have not gone yet this season...do try and make a trip to the City, won't be disappointed.

Everyday I have been a busy bee...all hat orders are done and sent. I'm now working on my own gifts for people on my list, cookies are being baked and popped into the freezer along with other goodies, gifts are wrapped and the house is shaping up for upcoming parties, family and friends coming over for visiting and good cheer.

How about you? How is your Holiday Season shaping up? I hope that we are all having fun and not stressing. I hope your season is Merry and Bright and most of all I hope that Peace and Health are happily taking up residence in your homes and lives.

Photos of our month so far:

Cousin Kayla, myself, MoMo and Jettson

Owen!

He loves his Santa hat!

This is hilarious...Jettson constructed this wedding ceremony and placed it under the tree...the details of this cracks me up endlessly!

Owen's decorating contribution to the tree...

more of the wedding...

My best friend and cousin---Kim G. and myself

We are some happy girls!


Christmas tree in Union Square

A very grainy pix of Jett and Kayla in Union Square...someday I really should take a basic photography class...I have no idea how to use a camera and it shows ;)

Mistletoe and Hot Toddy's
xoc

No comments: