Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Reality

Lots of thoughts are rolling around in my head...I'm still working on a 2 part Blog post---but it's just not ready to post. As I looked at the state of my house today---I thought "this is reality...real people live here in my house---there are four of us and each of us are doing something different." There is only one "me." I do not employ household help (although, trust me I wish I did!!) it's just me...trying to "do it all" just like you. As I was roaming around the house doing "stuff" I thought..."you know I'm going to take pics of my house just how it is right now...not perfect (far from it) and very well lived in---and know what---it's okay." So all my dear readers and blogger friends...here is the reality...I would die if any of you thought I was perfect or had it "all together" we are all in trenches together trying to be moms and doing all that goes along with that. I'm really trying not to sweat the small stuff enjoy life just as it is...imperfect. I really hope that 1) this blog post makes you feel better about your own humble aboad (perhaps mine is in worse shape than yours and now you feel great about where you are in your household chores ;) and 2) makes us a little closer---and feel like you got to know me a little better. xoc

My $250 couch I bought 6 years ago and recently was able to find a couch cover off of Craigslist for $50! I'm challening myself to see just how long I can strech it out before we need to get new one ;)

The more I try to keep this space up the more Owen drags out toys to play with...so now I just leave it---until I really can't stand it.

Not too bad...

at least the dishes are sorta done...

Hubs hates this corner but this is where some of best work gets done...

I try to make the bed once a week...on the day that I change the sheets...obviously, not a sheet changing day...lol.

The boys room...nuf...said.

And then there is the guest room/laundry room/craft room/dump all the crap that I can't to right now room. Unarguably the worst room in the house. Look at that mound of laundry that needs to be folded and put away...I bet if I was not on the computer right now....I could be doing that...but what fun would there be in actually doing that?

Bags of yarn...that I need to get put away...hmm...

Now there, doesn't that make you feel much, much better!! *Smiles, hugs and kisses*
xoc

4 comments:

Mary Stewart Anthony said...

thanks again for a reality check.
Love the couch slipcover, and the kitchen is looking good. your bedroom reminds me of Lucy's.
And laundry reminds me of Aimee's.
I'm just beginning to attack the dusty corners of my abode after 5 months of just using it as a crash pad. eeek. plants died. spiders spun away unhindered.
I just didn't look too closely.
Whatever else it may be...
there's no place like it in the world. and it's mine, to do with as I please...well, sorta kinda....

Anonymous said...

Love it, Christy! I have been blessed with a 12 year old daughter, and boy! does she ever help me out! But we're still not perfect. Jay's learning to do his duties too. So more people, bigger mess; but also more people, more help. :)

-regina- said...

love it, Christy... although I totally think I can put you to shame on a good (bad?) day. I always wonder when I go to people's sparkling clean houses, did they just bust their butts to clean it up like I would if I had company? My mom reminded me last night of the verse, "Where there is no oxen, the crib is clean" lol... we are staying with her and the place is starting to look like it! ;-)

Windows C said...

gostei da sua união com a infancia
é inprecionante como as coisa tem vários generos
visite o meu blog támbem vai gostar