Monday, October 18, 2010

Tracy Porter in Santa Barbara CA

As most of you know by now I'm a HUGE fan of a wonderful designer named, Tracy Porter. Two weekends ago, I was lucky enough to visit her store in Santa Barbara, CA. What a joy! What breathtaking beauty! Each piece in Tracy's store is a piece of art!

Robyn Mockus (Tracy's sister and a business partner) and her husband George are the retail managers of her new store. They are just too good to be true! What a lovely time my aunt and I had. We were able to take our time,chat with Robyn and George. We felt as if we had known them for years. We shopped for a bit then went to lunch...we returned for about 2 more hours! I could have stayed in the store for hours more.

I love that you feel at home in her store...you don't feel rushed or pressured to buy anything, however, there is not a chance that would happen...you want one of everything! I love that each piece of clothing is a work of art and go with other items in my wardrobe. I chose a lovely black, courduroy blazer with black and white french lace, called "Into the Night." Love it! (sung in Tracy's signature operatic voice!) I love that you can go in and buy a whole outfit or choose one item from the collection and work it into the rest of your wardrobe.

I love, love the Tracy Porter message... that we are beautiful and that everyday is special and when you add one of Tracy's designs to your outfit you have lifted yourself to a lovely level of inspiration and creativity. I got the feeling from her store that each person is important and that she is not just trying to sell you something, you are getting more than a thing or item you are getting a feeling, an emotion, if you will, that goes beyond just marketing.

I tried uploading a photo of the blazer but it only shows the back...

However, the back detail is what sold me. I love how it nips in at the waist. It is a forever, classic piece. If you get a little shopping fever do look up Tracy Porter and give her a try. I love that her designs inspire a more artful style of dressing.

If you are in the Santa Barbara area this weekend check out the Tracy Porter store on State Street.


Take a peak and drool. xoc

2 comments:

Mary Stewart Anthony said...

love her style too Christy...you should try your hand at designing as well. She is INSPIRING!!

tracy porter said...

CHRISTY~!
Thank you so much for the lovely post, your kind words, and for sharing our news and our invitation!!
I look forward to meeting you..so glad you liked the store...thanks for stopping by and for shopping!!
Happiness to you!!
xoxo
Tracy