Monday, October 18, 2010

Tracy Porter in Santa Barbara CA

As most of you know by now I'm a HUGE fan of a wonderful designer named, Tracy Porter. Two weekends ago, I was lucky enough to visit her store in Santa Barbara, CA. What a joy! What breathtaking beauty! Each piece in Tracy's store is a piece of art!

Robyn Mockus (Tracy's sister and a business partner) and her husband George are the retail managers of her new store. They are just too good to be true! What a lovely time my aunt and I had. We were able to take our time,chat with Robyn and George. We felt as if we had known them for years. We shopped for a bit then went to lunch...we returned for about 2 more hours! I could have stayed in the store for hours more.

I love that you feel at home in her don't feel rushed or pressured to buy anything, however, there is not a chance that would want one of everything! I love that each piece of clothing is a work of art and go with other items in my wardrobe. I chose a lovely black, courduroy blazer with black and white french lace, called "Into the Night." Love it! (sung in Tracy's signature operatic voice!) I love that you can go in and buy a whole outfit or choose one item from the collection and work it into the rest of your wardrobe.

I love, love the Tracy Porter message... that we are beautiful and that everyday is special and when you add one of Tracy's designs to your outfit you have lifted yourself to a lovely level of inspiration and creativity. I got the feeling from her store that each person is important and that she is not just trying to sell you something, you are getting more than a thing or item you are getting a feeling, an emotion, if you will, that goes beyond just marketing.

I tried uploading a photo of the blazer but it only shows the back...

However, the back detail is what sold me. I love how it nips in at the waist. It is a forever, classic piece. If you get a little shopping fever do look up Tracy Porter and give her a try. I love that her designs inspire a more artful style of dressing.

If you are in the Santa Barbara area this weekend check out the Tracy Porter store on State Street.

Take a peak and drool. xoc


Mary Stewart Anthony said...

love her style too should try your hand at designing as well. She is INSPIRING!!

tracy porter said...

Thank you so much for the lovely post, your kind words, and for sharing our news and our invitation!!
I look forward to meeting glad you liked the store...thanks for stopping by and for shopping!!
Happiness to you!!