Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Being

Our family just chilled all weekend...it was so nice to just "be." We have not done that in a while, a very, long, long while. We have been on the "go" since May...truly...we have had to be somewhere, an engagement of one sort or another...then all of our summer activities. Whew! Finally, just a time to "be."

I am not sure how you tick, but if I do not have a least one unstructured day a week I lose it...well, I have not had an unstructured day for MONTHS! Right now I'm in an "unstructured" kind of mood. I need time to recharge, time to think, time to create, time to focus on what's really important. We all do this from time to time...right now seems to be the time for me.

I have been working on fiber projects. I quite a few orders to fullfill and a timeline in which to complete it all. I just finished a project for my cousin Jenny. She has a friend, whose daughter was recently diagnosed with childhood lukemia. For more of her story clink on hre blog link http://noellyphillips.blogspot.com/.  I made some hats, a scarf and I'm working on fingerless gloves. Here a few photos...

A stack of hats & scarf. I love the pom poms at the end. I'm waayy into pom poms right now. I really need to find a better way to take pics of my stuff...but it was midnight...so that's my excuse. And I'm a fiber artisit not a photographer ;)



Here are more pics from our low key weekend....

I made the boys new Halloween Hats...Owen's has a spider on the top.

Okay...this did not turn out the way I wanted...but he wanted a skull on his hat.


We went to Gizdich Ranch on Sunday afternoon...Owen was upset about something...I could not resist taking these photos of him.

Poor kid...he wanted juice and all I had was water...he lost it.


He finally put his thumb in his mouth and calmed down.


This was how we ended our weekend.


Have a super week.
xoc

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I adore the photos of Owen!!Keep them coming. :~) You are so woderful, thoughtful, and truly amazing........the scarf and hats for Noel look really cool. I am so glad you are my cousin!! I love you and miss you. By the way, I am making jams this week for a bazaar.....hopefully I get them all done!!!

Melanie said...

I am great (!) with a camera, not so much with knitting or crochet needles. :)

Your work is really fantastic! I absolutely love it.

Christy & the Boys said...

Love it Mel...and yes, you are amazing with a camera! Hey I lost your domain??? How do I get back to it??? xoc

Beth said...

GREAT photos and love the photos of Owen! He is such a big kid! Thank goodness for the thumb! It's the only way Ava calms down too. I still want x-mas beanies and scarves for my kiddos. Just have been too busy to stop by for a head measurement. Is there a way for me to cheat and do that one night when they are asleep? I swear it's the only time of the day when I realize what I DID NOT accomplish that day.... Augh, motherhood!