Saturday, January 1, 2011

The year in review--2010

2010 is over and for some if us that's a huge relief! I know it is for us! Overall, it was a good year, but there were a few moments that I'm glad are now a memory.

A few highlights from our year include a trip to Legoland, a family trip to Idaho. Jettson completed Kindergarten and started 1st Grade, he did his first ever session of Littleguards and loved it! Jett turned 7. Owen turned 3 and is talking up a storm. I have slowly been building my crochet/knitting business. Hubs got a promotion, he is now the Cheif Pilot at Granite Construction the youngest cheif pilot they have ever had! And that friends are just the highlights. We have had our share of ups and downs. The only thought that I have about 2010 is a general feeling of being blessed. The biggest lesson of all that I feel I've learned this year is to keep short accounts with those I love and let the bullshit go. Sorry for the foul word, but it seems to sum it up completely.


Legoland!

Jett's last day of Kindergarten...love the looks on their faces!


Jett's first day of 1st Grade

Daddy and Jett on the last day of Littleguards! They swam in the ocean together!

My darling boys! on Owen's 3rd Birthday.

Jettson turns 7!

Jett helping mommy work.

One of the best photos of Owen in 2010!

Ten lessons I've learned this year:

1. Uniforms are good!
I have one for the gym, school & going out. I just add accessories to change it up.

2. I really don't care what others think about me as long as it's good!
I've always maintained that I don't care what others think ,but that's just a load of BS. I do care to some degree, but what I've learned this year is that I care that others see me as a thoughtful human being. That's what I care about, that's what I want others to think about when they think of me.

3. I have given over to my job as wife and mother. It has taken me a long time to get to this point and I admit that for the first time in 7 years I look forward to everyday with my boys and husband. This has not just been a lesson learned, this has been a hard won acceptance, and I'm not ashamed to write it or express it.

4. Life is long and short at the sametime.

5. The day will come when I'm going to die and so are the ones I love and care about, therefore I have learned this year to keep my accounts with people short, because I never know when that day will come. I want to know that the last words I said to anyone were kind and loving, or at least an apology for being an a$$hole.

6. My relationship with Chris, Jett and Owen is the #1 priority in my life. What matters to them matters to me. Nothing else in this world comes before them.

7. My relationship with God is tight.

8. I have accepted that there is an artist in me and I want to keep that flame burning.

9. I love to exercise, as long as my iPod list is charged and pumping, then I'm happy to be at the gym.

10. Exercise has helped me learn all the above ;)

Lastly, I learned to so much about myself through my blog and those who read and respond. Thanks. This blog is mostly for the boys to one day read and look at, and maybe get to know their mom a bit better. I'm looking forward to 2011. It already feels bright and happy. I know there are going to be some rough patches here and there, but with the lessons learned from last year I feel prepared for what lies ahead.

Happy New Year's Day.

xoc

No comments: