Monday, January 10, 2011

Mommy why you Naked?

I don't know about you...but I'm a bed person. I love my bed! I love what it represents...it's otherworldlyness...I love to dream...I love climbing into clean sheets...I love to wake up and wonder what the day will bring...ahh...bed...I keep two wonderful, down comforters on my bed and I use high thread count sheets. I love to take a bath or shower just before bed, crawl in and go off to other places...It's my escape.

Now, that I have a husband and kids it adds to the fun. The boys love my bed as much as I do. They join me every morning for cuddles and talk. Jett usually tells me about his dreams and Owen just wants to get warm and be close to mommy. 

Saturday morning was no different...both boys came bounding into my room...like little puppys scrambling for warmth and love. Both were talking a mile a minute and this is how it went:

Jett: Mom, so, we are born babies, then we grow old and die...do we come back as babies again? I mean, where do go? Do we come back to this planet or are we born to another planet?

*in the meantime Owen is talking at the sametime while Jett is asking me existential questions*

Owen: Mom, mom why are you naked? Mom, why you always naked in bed, mommy, why you don't have on jammies and I do. Why you not have a diaper mommy?

Jett: Mom are you listening to me?

Whew! I looked over at the clock and it was just barely 6:50 am!

Me: Jett, mommy believes that when we die we go to heaven. Remember, we talked about heaven when papa Bill died? Owen, mommy's clothes fell off in the middle of the night and I need to go put them back on, and no, for the last time... mommy does not wear diapers, mommy wears panties.

Jett: What? heaven, you said that it was another planet?

Owen: Oh, you don't wear diapers! I get it.

Me: Jett we just die and I'm not really sure where we go...Owen, glad you get it.

Jett: What? You mean I'm going to be stuck in a cemetery forever!?

Owen: Mommy, why you still naked?

....Mommy really needs some coffee and a moment....I think my eyes were still sealed shut from the night...maybe I was still dreaming?

That's how my Saturday morning started and I would'nt have it anyother way.

Happy Monday,
xoc

2 comments:

Melanie said...

This is why I am glad I get up before Dylan does, lol! He did ask me the other day where my penis was though- he still doesn't seem to differentiate genders. Too funny!

Christy & the Boys said...

lol...yes, I have had the penis question too. Lately, I have been trying to make sure I have my robe handy and make a point to have other clothes handy too. They don't seem bothered by it, but I know that the time is close to be dressed more often than not ;)